Well it's been a bit since I've posted. Sorry about that. We've actually been kind of busy if you can believe it! Drew has been less busy than I if you can believe it because it has been stormy for quite awhile now so he hasn't been able to work. Apparently it is monsoon season in Alaska. I'll try to give you a bit of an update on everything:
- We managed to break my camera somehow while were in New Jersey. We probably got sand in it somehow. I did send it in to try and get it fixed, but we also decided it was time to buy another camera anyways. We have had our eyes on the Olympus Tough cameras for awhile so we decided to treat ourselves. It's one of those cameras that you can throw, dunk in water, use in freezing weather, etc and it won't break. And it takes pretty good pictures! All the pictures from this post are from the new camera. Enjoy!
- We celebrated our first anniversary! It's crazy that we've been married a whole year. We ate the top of our wedding cake from our Philly reception at my parents house when we were visiting. It was actually still pretty good. Apart from buying the new camera for ourselves, we also celebrated by eating at the fancy restaurant at the top of the mountain at Alyeska ski resort. It is called Seven Glaciers since you can see 7 glaciers while from it. You take a tram up the north face and then you get a pretty awesome view of the whole valley. We were lucky it cleared up and stopped raining for just that evening so we could enjoy the view. And the food was amazing! Eating really good food at fancy restaurants is probably one of the few things that both Drew and I love equally. It was the best steak I've had in my whole life.
- We finished the service project I was organizing in church. We made school bags for kids with school supplies so they would be ready for the school year since there parents weren't able to do it for them.


- We hit up the Alaska State Fair. Mostly we just took advantage of eating fair food. Drew had chocolate covered bacon and a donut burger. (Instead of a bun it is a glazed donut.) Things only a southerner could truly appreciate.
- Drew has been able to spend some time with our good friend Amos and try out the new camera on Glacier creek. They took me back down there and showed me how they make videos of the spawning salmon swimming in the creek by strapping the camera to a stick and dipping it in the water by the fish. They love it. I think the camera's cool but I wasn't crazy about hanging out on a stinky beach with a bunch of rotting salmon lying all over the place. Boys will be boys.
4 comments:
I always love your updates! You crack me up. Fungi Festival eh? Haha. Those are some pretty cool mushrooms though. That hand tram looks so scary. Then again you are one fearless chick. And as for the Spice Girls party... I was cracking up because I can only imagine what it was like after your outfits at the last concert you went to. haha. You guys are too fun and so adventurous! Love you and miss you!
Keep 'em coming, I love learning about everything you're doing. I still can't get over drew's hair/beard combo--there aren't any byu tests to make him shave, haha.
Except for your wedding, I've never seen Drew in a suit before.
what is that beard... it reminds me of that creepy picture in the primary class.
Post a Comment