It's been awhile since we have blogged something. We haven't had too much of interest going on lately. It's been pretty cold so we can't say we have been out and about as much as we sometimes are. It's been in the negatives all this week. Both Drew and I still walk/bike/cross country ski to work despite the temperatures. I really can't say 15 degrees above 0 feels that much different than 15 below when you are dressed right and you are moving. That being said, if you are in a skirt waiting for a stoplight to turn so you can go see the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast (which is what we did last night) it's pretty cold. Drew did take some pictures on his last backcountry ski day with his friend Will. He was pretty proud of the -6 degrees at the time:
They went to Hatcher's Pass and I am guessing they had a good time. I am glad that Drew is getting to do all the things that he's been wanting to do for so long. I only wish he could do them more often! But we are headed to Girdwood tomorrow so he can ski at Alyeska and I can hopefully take a few pictures and maybe do a little hike or cross country ski somewhere. I am also going to have to do our laundry at a laundromat because it's been so cold in our "heated" garage that the washer froze and we can't use it. Anyways, here's a few pictures from Drew's last ski day in Hatcher's Pass: (He took them all so the guy in the pictures is our friend, Will.)
Hope some of you down in the lower 48 are getting a least a little snow to make it feel a bit like winter! Maybe tomorrow I'll have more pictures of our winter to post. My nephew sent us his Flat Stanley for school, so I am going to have to come up with some good pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment