Monday, April 30, 2012

Bomber Traverse

Wait!  I am going to post at least one post in April!  I promise!  These are going to be largely picture posts, but Drew has been taking some gorgeous ones, so here you go.  Drew went on the Bomber Traverse at the end of March/beginning of April.  It's a ski tour at this time of year so he was basically backpacking but on skis.  He was gone for 8 days and did a really good job of leaving me with lots of Tupperware to keep me eating while he was gone.  He even left me a list on the fridge with ideas for what I could have for different meals.  It lasted me the whole time he was gone and went pretty well.  I worked a lot while he was gone...maybe too much.  But it's nice when you get the paycheck!  So I'll post some pictures from his trip.  I will have to bug him to get some of himself when he exchanges pictures with the other club members.  He had beautiful weather, got along with the group of 5 really well, and came home pretty sunburned.  I know 20 pictures is a lot, but I had to cut it down from 160.  I feel like I'm sorting through wedding pictures or something!  Enjoy:


This is the first hut when they found it...

...and here it is all dug out.

This trip went more or less, ski to a hut one day, spend the next day skiing and hiking around the hut for fun, ski to the next hut the next day, and so on.


Too steep to hike with skis and skins.

Probably the nicest hut out there.  All these supplies have to be helicoptered in or carried in.  

Love the scenic shot with the outhouse.


Yay for downhill!


Drew's new friend John.

Hut #3

Since these are MCA huts and it was an MCA trip, the huts got a little repair work done on the rest days.

Love that our days are getting longer...

John after digging to the door.

An avalanche they set off.

Hanging in the hut.  Seems like they did a lot of reading on their off time.

Alaska in snow...so pretty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that looks fun! Just seeing all the different huts is fun. You have the life... or Drew does. :)

Drew and Jenny said...

Seriously, I'm at work while he's doing this! No, I would gladly do this trip as a hiking trip in the summer, but I'm not a good enough skier to go on a trip like this.

We are going to be visiting Utah in November. I want to see you! If you still live there yourself...