...but it's not your usual pregnancy!
Both Drew and I actually went pregnant for the race we were in during Fur Rondy. Drew's baby bump garnered a lot of attention. I feel like he makes a pretty convincing pregnant waddle, especially with his hands on his stomach and back.
We braved the cold with friends from my work and showed up for the running of the reindeer race. It's really not much of a race as it consists of running/walking/trudging through a ton of snow for about 2 city blocks. But it's for charity and you get to run in a costume of your choice. Everybody is being a little silly, more than a few people are a little drunk, and after you start running they set the reindeer off after you. For about 10 seconds it's the coolest thing ever. For the rest of it it's just lots of fun with friends.
These people thought like us and wore something at least a little warm. Others were in speedos, fur bikinis, and gladiator outfits. I don't know how they stayed warm for so long waiting to run the race. There were also plenty of large animal costumes, sumo wrestlers, and other themed groups. We saw a head to toe Star Wars group, a bunch of red solo cups, guys encased in nothing but a bail of hay each. Being as everyone in our group works in or is related to someone who works in Labor and Delivery, we went with pregnant bellies and scrubs. When it finally came our turn to run, I turned on the video. I can't say I tried really hard to worry about the recording though. I was having a little too much fun. So sorry, but you might get a bit of an idea of what it's like:
We waited at the back of the pack to run with the reindeer. At first everyone starts running really slow, looking back casually, waiting for the reindeer. But then they count down from 10 to release the reindeer and you start wondering if this was a good idea. Then all of a sudden you're screaming and booking it as antlers brush by you on their way through the crowd.
| This guy was pretty calm, but some of the reindeer were really bucking to get after us! |
| They claimed they were an ice worm, but I don't think anyone believed them. |
| It seemed only appropriate to pose for an ironic picture together: the condom and the pregnant group. |
| A little reindeer love... |
| On the way home... |
No comments:
Post a Comment