Drew got this at the recommendation of a friend. It's a former Sundance Film Festival Audience Award Winner and was nominated for an Oscar. It's about a musician in the 1970s who makes a few albums that totally flop in the United States but become wildly popular in South Africa. His music strongly influences the anti-apartheid protest movement, yet no one in South Africa knows anything about him. Rumored to be dead, two of his fans set out to find out what happened to him. This is a documentary about their search. The film's soundtrack is entirely his music, which is GREAT. Loved it. Getting it from the library download site as fast as I can. :)
I got this from Netflix after reading an interview with Jennifer Lawrence in some magazine. She plays a supporting role. It's an indie romance about a couple who meet in college, but she is British and he's American. The film explores whether love can really endure separation, and how sometimes the timing is just all wrong. I liked the girl, Felicity Jones. Thought she was great. So much of the movie is very much like real life, it didn't seem as fake as most movies.
This was an older movie I picked up at the library on a whim. Premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2006, and was definitely my favorite of these three. It's R rated, so don't say you weren't warned. It's this ensemble cast and every character is just so interesting. It follows four women and their husbands and just kind of looks at how people deal with those down cycles in life, regardless of where you are now. It's kind of sad, somber really. But really great writing, I thought.
Anyways, hope you've found some good things to watch this summer...



No comments:
Post a Comment